The Raincoats Lola Options Rough Trade Post Punk Volume 1
The Raincoats is the debut studio album by English rock band the nydv.xn----7sbqrczgceebinc1mpb.xn--p1ai was released on 21 November on Rough Trade nydv.xn----7sbqrczgceebinc1mpb.xn--p1ai album is perhaps best known for its off-kilter cover of "Lola" by the nydv.xn----7sbqrczgceebinc1mpb.xn--p1ai album's seventh track, "The Void", was covered by Hole in In Maythe band performed the album in its entirety in nydv.xn----7sbqrczgceebinc1mpb.xn--p1ai: Post-punk, folk punk.
The Raincoats at Rough Trade. The Raincoats are a British experimental post-punk band. Ana da Silva (vocals, guitar) and Gina Birch (vocals, bass) formed the group in while they were students at Hornsey College of Art in London. Signed to the label Rough Trade, the band released three albums in their early incarnation: The Raincoats (), Odyshape (), and Moving ().
They reformed in and released the Genres: Post-punk, experimental rock. · The Raincoats were a minimalistic avantgarde folk/art/punk band as were We've Got A Fuzzbox And We're Gonna Use It or even the early Fall - some people have no access to their music, others find them essential/5(). A remastered, self released matt digipack with a 12 page booklet reissue of seminal post-punk combo The Raincoats' debut album originally released in on Rough Trade.
This reissue comes with a bonus track - debut single Fairytale in the Mining cryptocurrency free electricity plus some live footage from and 79 and the video of Fairytale from Formed in the late '70s by singer-guitarist Ana Da Silva and.
“Lola” is a song from the album “The Raincoats”.
- The Raincoats | Kill Rock Stars
- The Raincoats music, videos, stats, and photos | Last.fm
- The Raincoats - The Raincoats - Reviews - Album of The Year
- The Raincoats music - Listen Free on Jango || Pictures ...
Is a cover from The Kinks song with the same name. Post-punk might've given way to the brighter and more pop-oriented sounds of new wave aroundbut "post-punk" as a label has been affixed to many bands that have come and gone since, including a large cluster of herky-jerky yahoos that were floating around in the early s, most of whom were quickly bundled together for their throwback appeal. This is the self-titled, debut album from the British band The Raincoats.
This album was very revolutionary for the time it was released. It blends post-punk (that was a new thing in ) with a. The Raincoats are a British post-punk and experimental rock band. Ana da Silva (vocals, guitar) and Gina Birch (vocals, bass) formed the group in while they were students at Hornsey College of Art in London. Da Silva and Birch were inspired to make a band.
After all the raincoats are a post punk band in the 'do-it-yourself' vein of "here's three chords, go start a band". Which, of course, means for some discord - there's no escaping it. I mean this in the sense they were inspired by the huge punk and post-punk bands of their era (they lived in 'rough trade' london and other acts like the pop. · Late inThe Raincoats became an all female post-punk band, when joined by Palmolive of The Slits (drums), Vicky Aspinall (violin) and manager Shirley O'Loughlin.
The Raincoats - Lola.
Fred A./Le Travo - Works 1(1984)(Coldwave)(Darkwave)(Syth)(Goth)(Post -Punk)(New Wave)
The Raincoats Дискография Жанр: Post-Punk, Art Punk, Art Pop, Indie Rock Год издания: Издатель (лейбл): DGC, Rough Trade Страна: United Kingdom Аудиокодек: FLAC (*.flac) Тип рипа: tracks+.cue Битрейт аудио: lossless Источник (релизер): postsalad. Lola The Raincoats • The Raincoats. 4 View all on Spotify. More by Kees Wilcox. Rgds. Companian ️ ⎯– ️. Early shift mixtape. YS's mixtape for quarantine Vol.1 Morning to Lunch time. This can't be happening.
The Raincoats Lola Options Rough Trade Post Punk Volume 1: The Raincoats Debut Album 40th Anniversary Vinyl Reissue
points – Move. More Kees Wilcox. Listen to Rough Trade Shops: Post Punk 01 now. Listen to Rough Trade Shops: Post Punk. Don't let the words "avant-garde" scare you off; the Raincoats are not harsh or unapproachable. In fact, this music, even at its most dissonant, is stunning and captivating. There's a great cover of the Kinks' "Lola" that's so skewed and obtuse, Ray Davies probably never dreamed it could sound this way.
Reissued by Geffen on CD with extra. Originally released inThe Raincoats' debut album gets another reissue, this time remastered and via the band's own We ThRee imprint. The pioneering, all-female band assured their place in the pantheon of British independent music with this, their self-titled debut record in Co-produced by the band with Rough Trade’s Geoff Travis and Mayo Thompson (Pere Ubu, Red Krayola), it.
The Raincoats The Raincoats () Rough Trade. Reviewer Julie River September 15th The Raincoats are known as a sort of experimental post-punk band, but, for their first album at least, their music sounded like a sort of off-kilter pop music, made more interesting by the quirky instrumentations such as their inclusion of a violin.
Rough Trade Shops - Post Punk Vol.1 () - Various Artists [nydv.xn----7sbqrczgceebinc1mpb.xn--p1ai] Disc: 1 1. I Found That Essence Rare - Gang Of Four 2.
The Raincoats - The Raincoats - Amazon.com Music
Georges Five - Les Georges Leningrad 3. We Are All Prostitutes - The Pop Group 4. Die Matrosen - Liliput 5. Out Of The Races And Onto The Tracks - The Rapture 6. Mind Your Own Business - Delta 5 7. Moving, an Album by The Raincoats. Released in January on Rough Trade (catalog no. ROUGH 66; Vinyl LP). Genres: Post-Punk, Art Pop. Featured peformers: Ana da Silva (design), Brad Grisdale (aka_text mixing role_id aka_text), The Raincoats (aka_text mixing role_id aka_text, writer).
Infrom the basement of a London squat, the Raincoats reinvented what punk could be. They had a violin player.
They came from Portugal, Spain, and England. Their anarchy was poetic. Working with the iconic Rough Trade Records at its radical beginnings, they were the first group of punk women to actively call themselves feminists. In this short book – the first on the Raincoats. THE RAINCOATS The Raincoats (Classic Post-Punk UK first press track LP on Rough Trade, the debut album with its amazing cover of The Kinks' 'Lola'. · The Raincoats - The Raincoats 12" Vinyl LP (New Wave, Post-Punk) 1st edit.
Condition is "Used". Dispatched with Royal Mail 1st nydv.xn----7sbqrczgceebinc1mpb.xn--p1aig condition. One of the more unusual bands to rise from the British punk explosion of the s, The Raincoats were post-punk before punk's first act had fully played out; they had little interest in the speed or velocity of The Clash or The Sex Pistols, instead embracing a more open and dynamic approach which incorporated purposefully chaotic arrangements that made the members' lack of instrumental.
· THE RAINCOATS Fairytale in the Supermarket/02 No Side to Fall In/03 Adventures Close to Home/04 Off Duty Trip/05 Black and White/06 Lola/07 Void/08 Life on the Line/09 You're a Million/10 In Love/11 No Looking.
· Infrom the basement of a London squat, the Raincoats reinvented what punk could be. They had a violin player. They came from Portugal, Spain, and England. Their anarchy was poetic. Working with the iconic Rough Trade Records at its radical beginnings, they were the first group of punk women to actively call themselves nydv.xn----7sbqrczgceebinc1mpb.xn--p1ais: 7. · But for all of the lives that an album like The Raincoats has lived—from its emergence in the legendary Rough Trade catalogue of the late 70’s, to its excavation from near-obscurity by the Olympia scene of the 80’s and 90’s, to its cinematic role as a totem of DIY cool in 10 Things I Hate About You and 20th Century Women—it’s all.
I had this at a 78 but then I just realized I have listened to the Lola cover almost 12 times nydv.xn----7sbqrczgceebinc1mpb.xn--p1ai to the 80s you go! WOAH what a fantastic album. I LOVE this sort of punk music. Close, intimate, and fuckin KILLER. The Raincoat's music paints pictures of smoky Berlin Clubs and gritty lounge singers.
· The record’s standout moment, an off-kilter cover version of The Kinks song ‘Lola’, spearheaded its popularity marked a pioneering moment when British post-punk as a new genre swept over. Vivien Goldman, punk historian, once wrote that the album arrived “At the time, when the pioneers began, there was an empowered feeling in the air.” The band, one of the first major all-female punk.
· The Raincoats And The Slits, Punk Legends, On Their Debut Albums Turning 40 There was a documentary being made about Rough Trade. The Raincoats on vinyl, CD and tape at Norman Records UK. Spindly post-punk heaven here from The Raincoats. The album was both important for its DIY spirit but also for the fact that it was made by four women in the then male dominated music industry. · The Raincoats cover of The Kink's "Lola" October 9, at Part Time Punks minifest in San Francisco at Mezzanine.
A1 No Side To Fall In A2 Adventures Close To Home #1 A3 Off Duty Trip A4 Black And White Saxophone – Lora Logic A5 Lola Lyrics By, Music By – Ray Davies B1 The Void B2 Life On The Line Lyrics By – Raincoats, The, Ross Crighton B3 You're A Million B4 In Love Lyrics By [Translated, Adapted /5(29).
The Raincoats were formed in by Ana da Silva (vocals, guitar) and Gina Birch (vocals, bass) while they were students at Hornsey College of Art, London, England. The first line-up included Ross Crighton on guitar and Nick Turner on drums for the band’s first gig in November · Post punk was a very specific style of music that had an unmistakable delivery.
On a thread about The Pop Group (which I was looking at because I've just picked up We Are Time) there's mention of a Rough Trade compilation called Post Punk Vol 1 (was there a Vol 2 Lola - The Raincoats Sink - bIG flame Last Words - 23 Skidoo The Raincoats Articles and Media Rough Trade Hosting 40th Anniversary Shows With the Raincoats, Angel Olsen, Scritti Politti, More This excerpt from a new 33 1/3 book on the feminist punk.
Post-punk and anything else with the 'post' pre-fix is an increasingly dirty word among reactionary armchair cultural commentators.
The Raincoats' self-titled debut gets 40th anniversary reissue
Yes, over the past few years there has been a resurgence of bands aping a sound that had its original heyday during the late '70s and early '80s.
And yes, maybe the 'rock' kids are starting to suffer from physical exhaustion now that dancing is the must behavior. LiliPUT Liliput ROUGH TRADE ROUGH 43 NEW WAVE POST PUNK Favourite Auctions Rough Trade Counter Culture 12 Inch Volume 1: RTCCV Rough Trade Shops: 12", 45 RPM, EP, Limited Edition: The Raincoats: The Raincoats: ROUGH 3: Rough Trade: LP, Album, UK: The Raincoats: Odyshape: ROUGH Rough Trade Records released the band’s first single, Fairytale in the Supermarket/In Love/Adventures Close to Home in May and the women went on their first tour.
The Raincoats, Odyshape, The Kitchen Tapes and Moving had all been released by and Ana and Gina turned to solo projects. The Raincoats. K likes.
The Raincoats helped shape the timeless notion that punk is what you make it to be — an act of raw expression, not any one sound. Their anarchy was poetic.
The Raincoats - Wikipedia
· The pioneering DIY outfit influenced a generation. The Raincoats’ self-titled debut album will be reissued on vinyl, via We ThRee this October. Listen next: Punk professor Vivien Goldman explores feminist music history in this podcast Part of the first wave of female post-punk outfits, Ana Da Silva, Gina Birch, Palmolive, Vicky Aspinall’s Rough Trade debut laid the foundations for the. About Us | News | Photos | Music | Film | Blog | Contact | Links | Shop | News | Photos | Music | Film | Blog | Contact | Links | Shop.
· The Raincoats is still their best. Only about half of its songs keep a steady beat from start to finish. The rest speed up, slow down, start, stop, and sputter like haywire wind-up toys. · The Raincoats made some of the most innovative music of the post-punk genre, were adored by Kurt Cobain, and have now influenced a new generation of bands The Raincoats/Rough Trade.
Rough Trade Records released the band’s first single, "Fairytale in the Supermarket"/ "In Love"/ "Adventures Close to Home" in May and the women went on their first tour. The Raincoats, Odyshape, The Kitchen Tapes and Moving had all been released by. · Two comps, Soul Jazz Records’ New York Noise and Rough Trade’s Post Punk Vol.
Fred A./Le Travo - Works 1(1984)(Coldwave)(Darkwave)(Syth)(Goth)(Post -Punk)(New Wave)
01 chronicle some of the most influential underground music ever released. The Rough Trade release examines the recent phenomenon of electroclash (everybody’s doing it) and retro-sounding dance music. · But “Lola” and the album it came from, the Raincoats’ eponymous debut, immediately became a fixed part of my life. The band formed in the blaze of punk in London, but they sounded more eclectic and poetic. The Raincoats’ version of punk — introversion as punk, an inspired amateurism — felt profound to me.
The Raincoats are a British post-punk band. Ana da Silva (vocals, guitar) and Gina Birch (vocals, bass) formed the group in while they were students at Hornsey College of Art, London, England.